Friday, April 17, 2009

Things I Like This Week

1) @aplusk on Twitter.  I started following the whole Ashton K. vs CNN twitter race with @billfelty yesterday at work.  I thought it was going to be corny at first but I got hooked on the race and came out of it loving Ashton K.  He brought awareness to a great social networking tool (twitter) and also made lots of other celebs step up and donate Nets to Stop Malaria Now.  Plus, you gotta love Ashton since he was in "The Guardian" with my boy Mike Rady (Great Pic from the set).  Ashton was streaming live video from his house last night as the count was happening.  Go here to watch -- skip to about the 17:45 minute mark.

2) Twitter.  While I'm on the topic, twitter is great.  Read this article from the NYTimes Business section this week on it's potential impact.

3) Worthyfashion.comThis is a site developed by a classmate of mine from the Prep, Sean McCloskey.  He started this company in 2005 and it's really starting to take off.  I heard about it through facebook posts, etc. but didn't know much about it.  I finally read up on it today and was REALLY impressed.  A portion of all their retail sales goes to select non-profits that the buyer gets to choose from, including Teach For America.  See why I love this?  A Prep guy supporting TFA.  Go to his site and show some love.

4) No Bitch Ass Ness.  According to Urban Dictionary, this is "A disease plaguing America's youth that is characterized by excessive whining, laziness, and/or undeserved arrogance."  Diddy uses the phrase on Making the Band and has a shirt promoting it now.  I thought it was funny and love the patriotic colors.  It's kind of a cut-to-the-chase way of saying this great Maya Angelou quote: "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

5) French Fries.  The Best and Worst Fries in Philly -- according to the Philadelphia Weekly.

6) Money for Your Old Books.  Sell you old books at Cash 4 Books and they even pay for the Shipping!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. I agree that you can make money through selling books online. Kep it up!

    cash for books

    ReplyDelete