Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Best TV Episode I Have Ever Seen


My mother and I started in January with season one, and after a long day of work and rehearsal, I got home around midnight last night and had the much hyped final disc of the final season of Six Feet Under waiting for me.  I had been told by everyone who already saw it that it was the best final episode ever.  As a result, I was expecting something explosive (literally and figuratively) to end the wonderful series.  My mother and I had running theories -- "Maybe there will be a giant Earthquake?"

Without giving too much away (because if you haven't seen this show yet, I implore you to Netflix each season RIGHT NOW!!!) the ending was so simple and moving.  The entire series reminded me of really good theater -- it was so good that I didn't want it to end, but the beauty of it is that is has to end.  Sounds like a theme from the show doesn't it??

I think this wonderful quote from one of our best playwrights, Arthur Miller, ties in well to the show and this sentiment: "The theater is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental.  It's so much like life."  Just think about this quote after watching the first episode of the series.

For those who have already seen it, here's a  great article from EW about the last episode.  This last episode will stay with me for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment