Friday, March 13, 2009

A Love Hate Relationship


I love Syracuse Basketball.  Before the Phillies this Fall, I was a deprived Philadelphia sports fan for most of my life.  Seeing Brad Lidge pointing at the sky is a moment I will never forget, but the first time I felt that kind of euphoria was because of the '03 Orange in the Big Easy.

Last night -- as noted by almost everyone with a brain -- was an EPIC game.  The victory in 6OTs was amazing, but for some reason, I'm not as happy about it as everyone else is out in Cuse Country.  Why?  Eric Devendorf.  As I agreed with several post on facebook last night, he is easily one of the most hated players in any sports ever.  His off the court conduct is so reprehensible that I can't bear watching him play.  He'll have a huge play and I almost want to not cheer.  I DESPISE him.  I felt like jumping through the TV at the end of regulation and tackling him off the courtside table B-Dawk style.  And even though he's makes some good plays at times, as Jay Bilas pointed out last night "he almost helps the other team as much as he helps his own."

And because of Devendorf, I fear Karma is going to screw Cuse and make them have a bad loss in the 1st round -- Again.  Man, do I hope I'm wrong about this last statement.

It's Friday the 13th -- and although I don't want to wish harm on anyone, I know I won't feel an ounce of sorrow if Eric "Douchebag" Devendorf gets injured in tonight's game and has to miss the dance.  Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll be benched for most of the game.

Go Cuse -- beat WV! Just do it without Devo.

No comments:

Post a Comment