Monday, September 6, 2010

One Down, Two to Go


On my quest to become Jack Dempsey, I had my one-month weigh-in this past Saturday. Eating more carbs and adding lots of whey protein shakes to the diet seem to be paying off. I've gained 5.5 pounds so far!

8/5/10 (Pre-Dempsey Work Out Weight) = 178 lbs
8/19/10 (Two Week Check-In) = 182 lbs
9/4/10 (One Month Check-In) = 183.5 lbs

I have 2 months until Opening Night and I'm very pleased with my progress. I have to say, up until this point the toughest part of this workout has been physically training for Jack Dempsey while mentally and physically preparing for my current role as Brad in Everybody Loves Opal at Montgomery Theater which opens this week. I've had to treat the Dempsey workouts as necessary exercise time to keep me balanced with my already busy schedule. When I first started a month ago, I was concentrating too much on both productions and as a result was having trouble focusing in on Brad/ELO initially. I've never had to prepare for 2 different roles at once. This was far from a serious burden, I just have to compartmentalize my focus and make sure that Brad training comes before Jack. Hope to see everyone in the audience of both shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment