Friday, June 25, 2010

Bill is a Bud Boy

The last time I was at a Phillies game a few weeks ago, one Matt "I Used to Jump Over Bars This High" Troha (he was a high jumper at Syracuse) found it interesting that I enjoyed a good ole Bud Heavy. There's just something uniquely American that I find about an original Budweiser -- it's like a regular Coke (which no one seems to drink anymore with the Diet Coke, Coke Zero, etc. of the world saturating the market.) It's right up there in my book with a Ying-Dinger as the most American of beers.

Well, other than my usually rhetoric, I now have tangible evidence to back my enjoyment of Bud Heavy and it's Americanness. Check out this photo of former President Bill Clinton and USA Defender Carlos Bocanegra sharing a Bud Heavy after the Algeria win.

2 comments:

  1. It took a good 60 seconds of ogling Carlos before I realized that the beers... and Bubba... were in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, true. but how many american beers do you think you can actually get in South Africa? Unless you are implying that BC rides around with a 12 back of long necks in his car?

    ACH

    ReplyDelete