Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Frank


If he were still alive, Frank Sinatra would be 94 years old today. I'm convinced he would still have a Camel hanging out of his mouth, a glass of Jack with four ice cubes in his hand, and be the biggest bad ass in whatever room he chose to walk into. With the Beatles and Elvis, Frank is the type of icon that will be imitated until the end of time and never equaled. I regret not liking him when I was really young because then I would have MAYBE had a chance to see him perform live when I was five or something. The closest I'll ever get is seeing Tony Bennett in 2002 in AC and hearing his tell stories about knowing Frank. Here are some of my favorite Frank songs and items:

1) "Fly Me to the Moon" -- I think his best song.



2) "You Make Me Feel So Young" -- Great song, not the cest version but I always love the last 20 seconds or so of this song.


3) Phil Hartman as Frank with one of the best lines ever: "You don't scare me, I got chunks of guys like you in my STOOL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment