Thursday, October 8, 2009

Heir to the Throne?


I grew up a HUGE Elvis Presley fan. I know, it may seem strange but I've always like solo acts who can control a crowd with their presence -- it's why I always compare my love of certain Hip-Hop stars to Sinatra/The Rat Pack. Anywho, Elvis' 17-year-old grandson, Benjamin Keough, just signed a $5 million dollar record deal (5 albums total). From this picture, and others I've seen online, doesn't seem like I'm going to be into the goth style of music he's probably going to put out. Maybe we'll all be happily surprised and he'll do his grand daddy justice like other notable offspring (i.e. Jakob Dylan/The Wallflowers for one). In the end, I think this is probably going to be another case of "fool's rushing in" to make a quick buck off a famous name. You knew I couldn't make it through this without one cheesy Elvis song pun....

No comments:

Post a Comment