Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moon


Saw "Moon" starring Sam Rockwell last night. It's hard to discuss this movie without giving away a major plot point so I'll keep it short and simple:

1) Sam Rockwell is a wonderful actor and I can watch him in anything.
2) Kevin Spacey is great as the voice of the Hal-like robot. I would also watch him in anything. (Tangent -- great article about Spacey in Playbill.com from this past week)
3) Despite #1 and#2, I did not like this film because I felt the story telling did not compel me to care for the main character at all. I know that sounds vague, but again, I don't want to give away a crucial plot point. Good performances aside, there are also some cool scenes (the ping pong scene) but all of this was not enough to make me recommend the movie.

I'd give it somewhere between a C+/B-

No comments:

Post a Comment